Cancellation and Returns Policy
1. Returns and cancellation
Please retain the original packaging when you unpack you delivery, in the unlikely instance that there is a issue with your order, your item of furniture must be returned in its original packaging, failure to do this will result in delays to your refund and or refusal to collect and refund your purchase.
2. Before Your Delivery
If you decide to cancel your order, you must do so as soon as possible, if you cancel your order after you have been contacted by phone to “book in” your delivery date and time you will be charged a 15%, (of the value of the item cancelled or of your whole order), re-stocking fee, this is because your order will have left the warehouse and will be on route to the delivery.
If we are unable to complete the deliver due to access issues a 15% re-stocking fee will be charged unless we are able to return at a future date and the access restrictions have been removed.
Not Present To Accept Delivery
If you are not present to accept delivery due to no fault of The Rocking Chair Ltd, we will re schedule the delivery for another day that is convenient for you, at no extra charge, should you be unavailable a second time of delivery, we will require guaranties that you will, be present for the third attempt, or you have made arrangements for a neighbour, other family member, or friend to take delivery on your behalf, failure to present for delivery a third time will result in cancellation of your order with a 15% re-stocking fee, or collection of the furniture may be, with prior arrangement, be made from our Swansea Store or Corby Warehouse.
Items Delivered Are Incorrect
If a item delivered is incorrect due to no fault of The Rocking Chair Ltd, a 15% re stocking fee will be charged, these reasons include, but are not limited to:
- The item ordered does not fit the space, or measured incorrectly by the customer.
- The wrong item has been ordered.
- Two many, or multiples of items have been incorrectly ordered. e.g. 8 chairs ordered and only 6 wanted.
3. Within 7 Days After Receiving Your Order
We are confident that you will be delighted with your furniture. In the unlikely event that you should wish to return an item to us we are pleased to offer a 7 day (or 14 day if purchased online) money back guarantee, commencing the day after delivery.
This means you have the right to cancel your order with 7 days (or 14 if purchased online) with out charge, the only liability you have is a 15% re-stocking fee.
You will need to provide us with the invoice number. Please return the item(s) in the same condition as received and in the original packaging. Once the items have been returned they will be inspected, and checked for any damage. You will receive your refund with in 30 days of cancellation.
4. After 7 Days of Receiving Your Order
After this 7 day period (14 days in purchased online), we are unable to accept reruns of any item purchased unless faulty.
Self assemble furniture can not be returned once assembly has been started.
Bespoke made furniture or standard furniture with bespoke finishes, suck as bespoke colour wax finishes, bespoke lacquer finishes or non standard paint finishes can not be returned, unless faulty.
5. Faulty Or Damaged Items
Please bear in mind that you are purchasing a natural wood product which as a result of its inherent characteristics may require some minor adjustments after reaching the environment of your home. By purchasing our furniture you agree to undertake and simple necessary adjustments yourself. Certain issues will not be deemed as a defector faulty, for example:
- On rare occasions, due to extreme climate changes in shipping, doors and drawers may swell slightly making them stiff to open. This issue with normally resolve itself within a matter of days once the timbers acclimate to there new environment: however an alternative remedy may be to move the drawers around. Occasionally the movement may not settle and a small amount may need to be shaved from the bottom of the drawer or door. A simple application of furniture wax will seal any adjustments and lubricate surfaces that slide over each other.
- Our furniture is crafted from natural timbers and accordingly there may me slight differences in size between products of the same description. All products dimensions specified by us are approximate.
- There may be differences in the spacing around doors and drawers: however, this will always be within our quality control tolerances.
- Distressed or rustic furniture will be exactly that and variations of colour and distressing is part of the design, even cracking (where not structural) or gouging of Knots to enhance the distressed look is acceptable.
Taking the above into account and you would like to report a fault or damage, please follow the following procedure:
- All damages and faults must be reported by email to email@example.com or by telephone on 01792 773000, (leaving a message on the answer phone if out of hours) within 2 days from the day after your delivery.
- Pictures of the damage or fault, with a ruler or penny in the picture to give us perspective on the damage or fault, MUST be emailed to the firstname.lastname@example.org. Also take a picture of the whole item of furniture indicating the area where the damage or fault is.
- Once The Rocking Chair Ltd has been informed of the damage and received pictures of the damage or fault, we will make a assessment of how we will rectify the damage or fault, this may be a full replacement, or where it is deemed impracticable to offer a replacement product for any item that is damaged, we reserve the right to offer a repair, an allowance for a repair, or alternative a refund for your purchase.